Futuremark 3DMark 08 Specs Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, i should be buying that the next time my check rolls around in 2 weeks.. i was gonna buy it today... but i had a credit card bill, owed some people some money... and had to give my parents some money.. so that sucked...

i really don't wanna buy an xt though.. because they've only got 2 copper pipes.. so i'll get some odd temps... one running 60 degrees.. while the others running 51... bah.. oh well... we'll see how things go

can't wait to be able to oc this dang cpu though... i'm thinking of watercooling just for my processor... doesnt seem it would cost to much.. but imma have to do some research on that again.. its been a while

The 3DMark series is one of the most popular set of benchmarking tools in the world of computer enthusiasts. 3DMark Next, or so it will be called, is the official successor to 3DMark06. Unfortunately for a lot of enthusiasts, 3DMark Next will be Windows Vista and SM4 exclusive, which will almost certainly speed up the adoption of both on enthusiast computers.

Source

Eh, It's not THAT big of a deal they don't have a DX9 Version. 3DMark's are made to test the current hardware at the time of release, which is why it supports DX10 and not DX9.

DirectX 10 cards can still run DirectX 9

Why didn't they do the same sort of thing they did with 3dmark06?
3dmark06 had two SM 3.0 tests, and 2 SM 2.0 tests
they could have just made a couple of DirectX 10 tests, and a couple of DirectX 9 tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom