FSB won't go past 210

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanp0286

Baseband Member
I just built my new system and am trying to overclock it to at least 2.5GHz. It runs fine at 210FSP, but as soon as I go any higher the system goes into a safe mode and drops it back down to 200. I have not tried upping the voltage due to the fact that the temps are already kinda high (I think).??

Specs:
Biostar GeForce 6100-M9 Mobo
Athlon 64 3700+ (stock HS and Fan)
pqi Turbo RAM (512x2) 2.5-3-3-7
Fortron 400W PSU FSP400-60THN-R
MicroATX case
front 120mm intake fan
rear 80mm exhaust

My CPU temp at idle is 41C, could it be because it is such a small case? My girlfriend has the same setup and her's idles at 35C.

i lowered my htt to 4x (it was on auto). i was able to bump it up to 215 for a while, then it got unstable and would reboot at random... don't know anything about messin with ram settings.

EDIT: I just looked at my RAM info with CPUZ and it says it is running at 210MHz, isn't normal 200MHz for PC3200??
Here is the RAM info:

CAS Latency: 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 3 clocks
RAS# Percharge: 3 clocks
Cycle Time: 7 clocks
Bank Cycle Time: 11 clocks
Command Rate: 2T
DRAM Idle Timer: 16 clocks

I have a microATX case with a 120mm fan for intake and a 80mm for exhaust. The heatsink went on just like any other system I've ever built, and I removed the stock thermal paste with alcohol and applied AS5. The only main difference between my computer and my girlfriend's is that her's has that side air duct for the CPU. Also, because of the small case, my two HDDs are real close to the CPU and RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom