FSB and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

In Runtime
I'm usually not one to ask for help, but I guess I'll have to let my ego sit aside for a little while.

I just recently purchased a new Athlon XP 2500+ and some PC3200 RAM. I've always thought that with AMD systems you should run the FSB of the processor and your RAM in sync. For example, the 2500+ runs at a FSB of 333Mhz, while PC3200 RAM runs at 400Mhz default, but if you run them in sync then both will run at 333Mhz.

I was wondering, will my system perform better with the two running with each other, or should I let my RAM run at 400Mhz and leave my processor at 333Mhz? And which is better for my system?

you system would run faster if you did that and if I am not mistaken (although I dont know much about athlons) it will not run at 400 unless the fsb is 400.

best thing u can do is probles lower the multiplier and up the fsb to 200. i got my 2600 up to that with no problem with 11x unless uve got the stock cooler u should be alright, ive only got it at 1.6v so it sits around 50C that should get the best out of ur system. im not sure what the effect of havin the dual channel ram does i think the technology is wasted on the XPs only the 800fsb P4s and AMD 64s feel the benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom