Front Panel I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcoreyx

Baseband Member
I have a Antec P160 case and a MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum Mobo. I am trying to connect all the front panel i/o and cant seem to figure it out. I have the power and reset switch hooked up...but i cant get the usb,firewire, or audio hooked up yet.the audio i dont care about cause i have usb headphones,but i would like the rest to be hooked up.I looked at the antec website but cant seem to figure out how to get it hooked up.

~Corey~

Confirm that it does have the means for those extra ports, as idiotec said.
If it does, and it should, then look at the board and see if you see a couple of like 6 by2 arrays of pins, with a pin missing on a corner, like this,
Those are the connectors for external USB. On your case there should be leads that match up to those arrays. Look in you manual for the pin designations, then look on the connectors on the case leads for pin designations, then match em up. If there is no lettering on the leads from your case, then look at the stuff that came with said case for a sheet of paper with pin designations and match up the colors.

ya i did all that.my mobo has 6 of the usb connectors. i tried all of em and it still didnt work.oh well.ill mess around with it and see if i can figure it out.if anyone has any other ideas post up please.

Read your motherboard's manual it should label each onboard connector.

13-130-468-02.JPG

It looks to me like those Yellow ports on the left side are the USB connetors if not the green ones are, I think the green ones are IE3994 firewire ports though.

That is your board right? I searched it on Newegg and thats the pic they had.

ya thats it. the yellow are my usb ports. i connected them all together but its being all gay and not working for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom