front case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
my idea: to put a 80mm fan w/ fan grill where two 5.25" drives would be. i have 4 slots for them, and i only need one (maybe two someday) so why not use the extra surface area and throw in another fan? i was planning on mounting my HDDs in the 5.25" slots (with a little modification necessary, of course) and that way they'll be cooled by this fan. any thoughts? comments?

the front panel is only plastic, so it should be easy to drill through, and its stiff enough to hold a fan.

this is a quick illustration in ms paint...

Attachments

• compcase.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 70
well keep in mind

there are two drive bay slots where its going to be mounted
and each of them need to have half the hole

secondly
i really dont think this is that great an idea seeing as you case already has space for 2 80mm fans in front of the hard drive rack... o_O ?!?!

just my thoughts

well i wanted to dedicate one fan specifically to the hard drives because i want the two fans down low dedicated to pumping cool air into the case. if they have to cool off 2 hard drives first, the air entering the case won't be as cool as it could be otherwise. plus it'll look cool.

also, as stated at the beginning of this thread, i don't need the bottom two slots. and if for some reason i did, i'll just remove the fan assembly and relocate the hdd's...no biggie.

to illustrated my planned airflow (single 80mm for HDD, dual 80mm for cool intake, 120mm exhaust in back, 120mm exhaust in PSU, 80mm exhaust up top, 80mm intake on side panel):

Attachments

• compcase2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom