Front case light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginkotsu

Baseband Member
My case has a front case light on the door and I wondering if I can mod the wires so it can be powered from the boards power light pins. I want it to flash when my system is in stand by.

Light off
1004.jpg

Light On
1017.jpg

How can I find out if the board can handle this light before I start modding anything?

Ginkotsu said:
My case has a front case light on the door and I wondering if I can mod the wires so it can be powered from the boards power light pins. I want it to flash when my system is in stand by.
About the only thing I can think of it connecting these LEDs over to your motherboard Hard Drive and Power Signal LED pins. It will involve some soldering.

From there it's up to your motherboard to have those lights flashing when they are in stand by mode.

615200433307PMMutantxsilverlarge1.jpg

That case looks like it belongs in the game HALO!

it is a really cool case, For your problem they sell prewired LED's at somewhere like frozencou.com that you probably can get two then rip of both of the connection solder them together and put the connections back together then hook it up to your Mobo for the lights under the H.d.d Light port thingy mobober and it should flicker on and off when the PC is accesing the Harddrive. Hope that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom