fps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
how exactly do you figure out how many fps your pc is running games at. i have some games i would like to know how many fps my pc is running them at. i never see any lag and i run them at full quality settings but im curious to know how well my pc is handling these games compared to others.

Most games have a built in functionality to measure frame rate, but since you're being a bit broad there, I suggest using Fraps.

yea like in tribes or somthing in the councle, u type showFPS();. In counterstrike u type somthing else in there i forgot. The games are all different.

where do you type showFPS();. ?

and how about halo i heard it has a time demo for benchmarking how do you get that ?

Refer to this:

http://www.tweakfactor.com/articles/tweaks/halotweak/3.html

Your command line parameter settings may be different depending on what resolution you want to benchmark at and whether your graphics card supports a DX7 fixed function (-useff), DX8 Pixel Shader 1.1 (-use11), DX8.1 Pixel Shader 1.4 (-use14) or DX9 Pixel Shader 2.0 (-use20), or all/>1 of the above.

Using a higher level graphics rendering path will result in lower performance, but gives a good estimate of how well your card will perform in the stressful game.

for FRAPS, just do a google search and it will take you to their sites. Very small and easy to use application. I don't know about HALO but some games do come with benchmark tests such as aquamark and X2 the threat. These may be stand alone applications (aquamark) or an option on your game start screen (X2). The benchmark may have been released after the game and be part of a patch so check the site.

yes they are different for every game... u haf to search around :D

btw martin, im kinda disturbed of late by that picture... it looks like a dead guy...

yea just like go to yahoo.com or somthing and type in "how do i find the FPS for game name here"? That should be it.

cheerios said:
yes they are different for every game... u haf to search around :D

btw martin, im kinda disturbed of late by that picture... it looks like a dead guy...

Disturbed by which picture? Please elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom