FluidXP water replacement? CPU block Vs.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Think this is the right spot. Anyhow it's almost that time, soon as I squeeze my vacation pay outta the boss. I've been mulling over the options and after looking at biocide, anti-corrosives and all that crap I found this. A bit steep in price compared to the others but after getting my hands on a bunch of distilled water, biocide, anti-corrosives plus the UV dye on top of that.. It's like mixing a sick science experiment.

NCIX.com - Buy Fluid XP+ Extreme Clear NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement - FLUIDXP-CLEAR In Canada.

So question is, how is this stuff? Does it have the same performance as water?

Thats about it. Much easier to add a few drops of dye to this then trying to mix 3 or 4 different things.

Part two is quick.

NCIX.com - Buy Swiftech APOGEE GTX LGA775 CPU Water Block 1/2IN Chrome HI-FLOW Barb Fittings - APOGEE-GTX In Canada.

vs.

NCIX.com - Buy D-TEK Customs Fuzion CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs - FZ-CP In Canada. Customs

Same price, but the GTX has the aluminum plate on top. I could order a custom copper top from Petra's but thats an added 30$. Reviews sway both ways. Saying D-tek outperforms the GTX and Visa versa. I think the Tek looks a bit lame but I'd rather performance lmao.

What do you think? Thanks guys.

it'll be:
Swiftech MCP655-B (no speed control)
Thermochill PA120.3
Fuzion or GTX CPU block
Masterkleer 7/16 ID tubing and blue smartcoils.
Some reservoir. (ncix doesn't carry any reasonable ones)
D-Tek red UV dye
FluidXP water replacement.
or
Distilled + D-tek anti-corr + Petra's pt_nuke biocide.

Going with NCIX because I haven't seen Petra have any stock for anything in the last 2 or 3 months. So I've given up on em. Sucks cause NCIX doesn't even ship the PA with barbs lmao.

Stock > Price.

Comments, suggestions, criticism all welcome. If you know any better parts speak up ^^ Thanks again.

what system is this going to cool? im looking at a similar WC loop... Mines for a Black edition....

I decided against a GPU block so only a CPU but here it is:

Case- Coolermaster Cosmos
Intell Q6600 quad
XFX 8800 ultra
asus p5k deluxe
1tb seagate 7200.11
2gb ballistix
corsair 520HX

Edit~ The gpu only runs around 55-60C with its stock HSF so I didnt figure it even needs to be cooled more.

nice rigg... yeah im not getting GPU cooling.. not yet ;) but I personally getting the DTEk .. im sure your read about the corrison horror storys that come with the stock GTX.. so I said, WHATEVER... same price range.. i'll get the easier one... lol

yeah thats what i figured. warning signs everywhere about the GTX. Was just thinking if it performed any better it might be worth the customs copper top. Eliminates corrosion issues. Might just grab the D-tek then. :S And ty ^^. Any idea about water replacements vs distilled water and additives? Mixed reviews everywhere.

Well i did a bit more Browsing and FluidXP has been known to clog pump and rad fins -.- So thats out. Primochill looks good. I'm gonna go with this Zerex and distilled with some UV dye.

zerex
Zerex Super Coolant [ZEREX] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Has great reviews. Dunno about anti algae but its anti-corrosive. No one using it seems to be adding any biocide so I'm assuming it does both.

Gonna get some mean red dye with some blue smartcoils XD Gonna be cool.

Now I just have to figure out how to cut a window in the solid steel side panel. Wonder if jigsaw would work. lol bit harder than aluminum.

why not just run a t-line and wrap your tubes in an opaque foam or something. That way you wont get anything at all growin in your water...it will be clean forever!!! and very little maintnance.

cause thats ugly -.-

bout it.

already have to throw in some anti corrosive crap so a 6$ bottle of biocide isnt much.

maintenance is half the fun. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom