Fluctuating Core Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Right now im trying to get my 4000+ to 3ghz, but during prime95ing, in cpuz, i see that my core voltage is fluctuating. I have cool and quiet disabled, even though I dont think that would change the vcore. I have it set at 2 steps up from stock, and it fluctuates between 2 steps up and 1 step up (1.296 and 1.312). Last time when I had it up at 1.36 a while ago, it would go between 1.36 and 1.34. I recently did a bios flash when I saw this happening, but it is still happening. Any ideas? Should I just leave it as long as it stays stable?

make sure your voltage is not on auto (yeah I know you said you manually set it)

make sure both E1ST and w/e the other is called is off (theres 2 things that you should always disable, not just one)

Thats what I thought, one of the settings in power management. I never really messed with any of them before though, because I didnt know what they were at all.

cpu-z has a thing where the voltage will fluxuate, but what you set it at in the bios is what it is.

and yeah as long as it stays stable and doesn't create heat issues, don't worry about it.

and i was able to get my 4000+ up to 3 and it just wouldn't do anything past that. so good luck getting it to 3, and past 3.

cpu-z has a thing where the voltage will fluxuate, but what you set it at in the bios is what it is.

and yeah as long as it stays stable and doesn't create heat issues, don't worry about it.

and i was able to get my 4000+ up to 3 and it just wouldn't do anything past that. so good luck getting it to 3, and past 3.

I'm thisnking the cosr voltage naturally fluctuates a little but that is a pretty signifiacant flutuation. Now I'm goning to have to check mine out when I home tonight!

i've seen mine jump from 1.2 to 1.4 on a rare occasion, but yeah you should be able to see like .01 change normally.

-sighs- I don't know how many times I have to tell people this, but we ignore software voltage read outs, THERE IS NO SOFTWARE that will accurately report voltages for CPU, RAM, Motherboard or Power supply rails.

So long as you manually set the voltage in CMOS, that is the only value we are concerned with.

Now, yes voltage of vcore will go up and down because of vdroop, but there is no way to accurately moniter it, so don't worry about it.
****, even temparture programs are not near 100% acurate....

One need only be concerned about thier overclock or computer if it is unstable in anyway.

Im very very close, I got it at 3.0ghz, and right now its been stable in prime95 for about 10 minutes, so Im probably going to be joining the 3ghz club in the AMD overclocking thread, so ill be right next to peter.cort (I feel special).

dude, what i did, and it actually worked, was drop the multi down to 10x and just ran the fsb at 300.

wow, wtf, are you still using amd stock hsf? thats lame... but i guess that chip never really was able to hit heat limits, i had my chip hitting like 15 idle and like 30 load with a afp64... haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom