are floppy drives essential

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just moved mine over from my last comp. ive ONLY used it for my sata. Only other thing i couild possiblely use it for it taking documents to uni, but mostly they are big powerpoints so i just use my 512mb pro duo and a small usb card reader for it. :)

Just take a floppy from a random computer, they're so easy to get hold of. No need to buy one.
They are only like $8 and beyond that not everyone has spare PC parts to dig through, otherwise I think they would automatically think of that

While I will admit that floppy drives aren't really useful anymore, I still think that they were by far the best removable storage solution devised for the computer. Sure, CDs and DVDs are great for their size, but I find writing and erasing them to be such a hassle. The floppy drive was simply a drag and drop system, nothing complicated, and it was relatively fast.

Sure, you can compare memory cards to them now, but I still find them rather ridiculously overpriced, and card readers still aren't that common.

And just a quick little tidbit, the floppy drive is the longest lasting popular interface in computer history, although I figure the CD will pass it once the floppy no longer becomes necessary...

Well ZIP is better than floppy, up to 750MB, but again the problem is the price but i have a floppy on my computer but its not connected, i only connect it when i need it(too many wires[2 lol])

lol, actually ill just buy the drive after looking at all those instructions
lol exactly. They don't look too difficult, but I haven't bothered trying to do it yet and just put in a floppy I had layin around.

i havntr used a floppy in about 6 months
if I didn't have a SATA drive I wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom