Flashing 6800GT to Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

xteam02001

In Runtime
i have a 6800GT that i have overclocked al ready. i want to overclock it more. i know what flashing the bios is and what it involves.

I was just wondering if the bios of the ultra have higher voltages to the vcore to get a higher overclock.

Just make sure you've got good cooling, man. My eVGA 6800 GT was at Ultra speeds and it may have been the reason my comp was rebooting at certain actions.
Just keep it chilly in there. :)

increase the AGP's voltage manually. if u have good temps, increasing the AGP's voltage will help when increasing the VPU's cock.

Upping the AGP voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 can be risky. I don't know of anyone whos done that simply for higher graphics card OC.

Yes adding voltage gives stability, but with the AGP card I'd simply not rather take the chance.

For the most part I believe the people who've flashed it simply wish it to be recognized as an Ultra, don't know if it's actually added stability or anything. Somethin to look into

74MHz AGP bus is just askin for trouble, screw that.

I'd rather leave voltage and bus speed normal and just OC the card as normal.

It really is asking for trouble, but on many of the boards I had there was no PCI/AGP lock... So I really had no choice.

Good news was that the entire system was stable after testing the CPU/RAM/GPU/GRAM for 72 hours straight! Some people get lucky! :)

Jaksback keeps his at 72MHz only because his doesnt have an AGP/PCI lock and he wants his CPU OC'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom