Flash BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs69420

Solid State Member
Has anyone heard of Flash a BIOS program or have experience using something along the same line?

I am stuck with this Dell and unfortunantly it has the 850 chipset so I am stuck with Rambus. I would like to overclock but the way Dell has thier BIOS set up doesn't allow me to change the vital settings for overclocking. Then I heard about flash BIOS.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Link goes to the info that led me to this question.

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/bios/compFlash-c.html

Hmmmmm.

My dell BIOS can be upgraded. A month or two after I purchased it I received a BIOS update in the mail on a floppy.

I wouldn't even know what to type in a search anywhere to find a program for the BIOS on my PC. I the vital settings for over-clocking a PC disabled on my setup menu.

There has got to be a way to overclock this machine. Everyone tells me to get a new motherboard. I don't think that's the answer. Yet. Someone has to know something.

old cpu's

Ok Flash a couple of megabytes,but get a new cpu first and throw this one in the garbage,Thats the way i see it and asus confirmed.
Waste of time and bucks.
:eek:
This attached is just a inet joke,so don't get all messed up with it.
nothing personal.
:money:

Attachments

• box.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 157
I was referring to "overclock settings" as the many options within the BIOS setup program that are essential to overclocking a board. Bus Speed, Voltage settings, you know? I know how to overclock.

Now I have another question, which program would I need? I just need to find a program that is going to back-up my current BIOS just in case. Like I said I have no idea where to look. Well I have an idea but I would like more information.

Another question. Do these programs erase the enitre BIOS? Is it possible to do irreversible damage using these programs?

Thanks for all the info so far.

You said that you were sent a new bios in the post...
Either there is a flashing program on that or it will have instructions about flashing your BIOS.
I use AWDFLASH but it is built into my motherboard (I press a key when it boots).
I think that you need to try and find your motherboard manual, that will give you instructions.

Thanks

Thanks for all your help guys. I appreciate it. I have contacted Dell several times relating to the motherboard. They send me links to online manuals which are absolutely no help whatsoever.

I think I am clear on the whole process now after hearing from individuals with actuall exeperience and wisdom, not just somebody reading a book to me over the phone.

Once again thanks. I am just going to buy a new motherboard but I can't find anyone who makes Rambus boards brandnew anymore.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom