Fixed boot up, now won't start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okitasoshi

In Runtime
Alright i fixed my old problem of it not responding to start button (one corner was touching the metal on the back...didn't notice) well anyways now it starts and everything gets Power, but for some reason it doesn't send a signal to my monitor. I thought the Graphics card might be defective, so i switched it out with my already known working graphics card from my other computer, still nothing happens on the screen, i double schecked if my CPU was in correctly, which it was, along with the memory and Video card. I hooked my HDD to the ATA connectors since it doesn't have IDE, and i put my CD in the Secondary one at first, than switched it to the primary one to see if that would work, the Motherboard has Power since my Heatsink Fan goes off. So I'm not really sure what the problem is, could my motherboard be defective? if so how would i go about getting it replaced?

Could you please give us some specs?

Also, have you made sure that your RAM is seated correctly and that all cables are tight and snugg?

To answer your question about replacing a motherboard ... goto Newegg.com and they have about anything you might want.

I will await a reply !:)

Specs

Specs Are:
Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G
2.4 Gigahertz 800Mhz Bus speed 478 Socket
512 Kingston memory stick
BFG Geforce FX5500 OC
Sony DVD Drive/burner
Western Digital 36.something GB 10,000 RPM
350 Watt Power Supply

That's about it, all connections were tightened and stuff. I'm pretty much stumped on what problems could be besides defective merchandise unless I'm missing some magical secret. I'm also a novice Computer builder so not knowing something is always a possiblity.

The HeatSink and fan are secure and not wobbly?

Is the HeatSink Fan monitor lead connected to the motherboard on the 'CPUFan' or 'Fan1' spot on the motherboard?

Have you tried to remove the system battery > reset the CMOS Jumper > and then reseat the battery? (Remember to set the system time after this, because it wipes it clean).

Try that and get back.

well i took out the battery, and than put it back in, to no avail. i read through this other person's article about his video card fan not working and than it just turned out his connections were not connected all the way, well i checked pretty much every connection...anything else i can do?

Well, just a stab in the dark here, but you said a corner of your mobo was touching a piece of metal in the back of your case? Is it possible then that you shorted out just
??part?? of ur mobo, possibly the AGP slot? If u have onboard video (which im pretty sure u don't or u would have probably tried it by now) try booting from that. Other than that, I don't know what to say.

How would i know if i have onboard video or not?

If i don't should i just call gigabyte and lie to them about my Mobo coming defective? and then have them ship another one?

Nope it doesn't have onboard Video...So should my next step be calling The Manufacturer and telling them it came defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom