fitting mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
Just received my case, mobo, cpu and heatsink.

Ive placed my cpu onto the mobo....

what do i do next, do i place the heatsink on, or screw the mobo in place?

and so many screws and bits...do i just screw it staright in, or are the plastic things needed as i have no idea where they go???/

ok thanks!

do i screw ti straight onto the case? as there's 4 cardboard washers....and about 4 different types of screw! and some gold mounters.

Have you tired reading your manual at all? You probably have, but some people dont consider it. Depending on your processor/mobo/heatsink, their are different ways to install.

id say just "mess" around with it, trial and error. as long as your careful, there really isnt too much that can go wrong....

+, isnt that 1/2 the fun?

pccc

Technically it voids your warranty to assembe it wrong, but whos stupid enough to say 'I put it in wrong and now its broke' :)

'gold mounts' go between the motherboard and the tray/case.

Re:

Hellooo,

Hold up :D .. If your computer case has metal feel which your mobo is supposed to sit on and screw into...then you MUST ensure that the cardboard /plastic washers are screwed between the mobo and the case's mobo feet.

The cardboard / plastic washers are supposed to eliminate risks of short circuiting your motherboard, through any metal feet on the chasis. If the feet are plastic, then you don't need the cardboard / plastic washers, but if they are metal...you don't want ure PC smokin' do ya !? :p

If your pc case is charged you did something wrong. Every motherboard I see now a days has all the mounting holes with metal gromets designed for bare metal contact, I've even see them run a ground to one. I used them on my first PC 7-8 years ago, never used one since, never had a problem.

The only time I'd actually use one now is if I'm using a hole thats just bare IC board, or near a trace(the little lines in IC boards) where the screw head would hit and maybe hurt the board or penitate the seal and short the board.

ok ive connected it, using the gold feet, and then washers between the screw and the mobo

thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom