first time use atitool

Status
Not open for further replies.
so im up to stock mem and 430 core clock, (378/337.50 stock)
These artifacts im supposed to see when ive gone too far, are they plainly obvious like i would be a retard not to see them?

Also, when i get my max core clock, why should i bring that back down to stock speeds then find max mem clock instead of leave max core clock while i bring up mem clock

And im running 3 CS:S video stress tests and a run of 3dmark05 between each 5mhz, is this enough? im getting a steady increase in performance. So far i started at 58.5fps avg with CS:S video stress test and its 62.70 at 430mhz.
And went from a 2780 3dmark05 score for the 3 graphic tests to a 3041.

hmm, well i havnt been using the artifact tool on atitool but i just ran it, and im quickly getting artifacts at 425mhz. Though i havnt got any in those tests ive ran. what does this mean, where do i go from here

does any1 have any advice on how i should proceed in my situation. I have no previous experience OCing.
I got my coreclock up to 430, ran 3 CS:S video stress tests and a 3dmark05 benchmark and i didnt notice anything odd and the scores are still going up. However i hadnt used the scan artifact tool up to this point thats on atitool and i ran it while the core was at 430 and it quickly found artifacts. It doesnt find artifacts at 420.

Now, should i stop at 420 b/c atitool finds errors, or can i go higher b/c the benchmarks are running fine?

just be safe an lower the settings, until no artifacts are found. You can up the memory speed a lil also. When i get my gpu cooler: either artic cooling vga silencer rev3 or Zalman vf700 cooler, im going to tweak my card. I dont want to oc my card with stock cooling since my microatx case has no airflow....

My friend flashed his 9800 non-pro card to 9800pro, then used atitool get clock speeds of 455/370. Not all of us are going to reach these speeds, but with the 9800pros memory, we should easily get close to him memory clock speeds.

ive settled on 415/365 OC from 378/338 on stock cooling.
Went from a 2780 3dmark 05 score to 3031 score.
Went up ~10% fps in CS:S video stress test and HL:2 lost coast stress test.

thats still pretty good, you still running stock cooling though right? try picking up a gpu cooler, it will definitely help with temps since our cards run real hot, you might be able to push it a lill bit further

Ok, i slapped on my buddy's arctic cooling vga silencer rev3 and got it to run to XT specs 412/365. i know i can definitely up the mem clock but since i have no ramsinks and no airflow in my case, i dont want to go too far. Unfortunately, it appears that the core clock wont be stable any anything higher than 414

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom