first time overclocking need tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataemon_araki

Solid State Member
hello this is gonna be my first time over clocking so i want to make sure i know about every thing i need to if i dont plz let me know and it would great if you could let me know what i should read up on thanks. alright so from what i need first is good cooling and i have water cooling so that should be good right? then i go into the bios up the fsb 5mhz at a time and run Prime95 for a while to check it then when i need to up the voltage could some one let me know how much each time. and is that about it? should i be overclocking any think else to take advantage of the cpu being overclocked?

Depending on what type of ram you have you will have to set a divider. This is all explained in the Athlon64 overclocking guide at the top of the Overclocking forum.

this is the ram i have PNY Optima 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
and i have a pentium 4

there're more between it, first of course is the hardware requirement, things cooling but you don't have to get liquid cooling that's just a wast of money, i am using stock fan and got my 3200+ to 2.6, also there's the power supply to provide enough juice, the motherboard you have do you have an option tolock the speed for peripherals if no then you're out of luck, and the things in the bio. man just read as much things about overclock as you can in a week, read then like a mad man, i'll be they'll clarify most of your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom