First time building computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm.... Let me see if I understand this. You just had a computer building experience where it was important that the supplier have a good return policy. Then, you turn around and buy a MB on ebay?!?! Well... I hope it works out for you.... because you may not get refund the next time.

TigerDirect has a Fantastic deal and a great case if your total purchase is over $300. The case - with a 500 watt PS - is only $19.99 after rebate and has room to grow.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ails.asp?EdpNo=1213175&Sku=TC3J-ULT30964 500W

Your second choice (ebay) doesn't come with a power supply. The case at Newegg has an LED side fan so you don't need to buy the fan on ebay. 420 what PS is sufficient for your rig and the price is decent. I like the fact that both sides come off.

If you have a shop with spare parts and testing equipment, there is nothing wrong with ebay but if it's a solo build, I'd avoid buying from unkown suppliers.

Okay, so I got a new ASUS A8V Delux and a new AMD athlon 3400+, I hooked everything up same as before, but nothing will show up on monitor when I boot it up, I even tried to reset BIOS. Any idea why that might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom