First time building computer... - Page 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #71 (permalink)
True Techie

umm.... Let me see if I understand this. You just had a computer building experience where it was important that the supplier have a good return policy. Then, you turn around and buy a MB on ebay?!?! Well... I hope it works out for you.... because you may not get refund the next time.

TigerDirect has a Fantastic deal and a great case if your total purchase is over $300. The case - with a 500 watt PS - is only $19.99 after rebate and has room to grow.

Your second choice (ebay) doesn't come with a power supply. The case at Newegg has an LED side fan so you don't need to buy the fan on ebay. 420 what PS is sufficient for your rig and the price is decent. I like the fact that both sides come off.

If you have a shop with spare parts and testing equipment, there is nothing wrong with ebay but if it's a solo build, I'd avoid buying from unkown suppliers.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:26 AM   #72 (permalink)
True Techie

Hypothetically, if you were to go back to tigerdirect, you might consider the abit combo

instead of Asus. Asus quality control has gone down hill lately. I blame your wasted time on Asus advertising support for the CPU that it didn't support.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:33 PM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Okay, so I got a new ASUS A8V Delux and a new AMD athlon 3400+, I hooked everything up same as before, but nothing will show up on monitor when I boot it up, I even tried to reset BIOS. Any idea why that might be?

Closed Thread