These cables that come from your case are for USB, LED's that show your system is on and when your hard drive is accessed, wires for the power on button and reset button. They should be clearly marked and they will go on the plugs an the lower left (on the image of the MB at ASUS site). Remeber that for LEDs, it matters which direction you plug it in.
Until we keep the bios steady I want you to have the following plugged into the mother board.
(1) CPU, RAM, and Graphics Card.
(2) the 34 pin ribon cable from your floppy disk
(3) two plugs from your power supply (a rectangular plug which is your main power source, and a square 4 pin plug that is a 12V shource - added to new systems for stability purposes).
(4) A two wire plug from your case for your power button.
(5) The wire from your CPU fan to your Motherboard.
(6) The mini molex connectr form the power supply to your floppy disk.
Nothing else should be plugged into your computer until we can get this setup working. Also, donwload the "ultimate boot (floppy) disk" from http://www.softlookup.com/download.a...6&DID=4J58YURT
on a different computer and make a bootable floppy disk. Once you get the CPU fan BIOS error and CMOS checksum figured out, we will go to the next step and boot a simple OS from the disk.
If you have the BIOS I think, use your arrow keys and go to the "exit" menu. You should see an option "load setup defaults". DO it and then save and exit. Let me know what happens from there.