First Time Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob Builder

Beta member
I have a 2nd hand PC at the moment running Windows ME on a 40GB ATA 33 HDD, Kinetiz 7B Motherboard, 320MB 133mhz SDRAM, AMD Duron 750mhz CPU and an ATI Rage Pro Turbo 8MB.
I have recieved an ABIT NF7-S2G Motherboard, ABIT ATI 9200SE 128MB graphics card and 512MB DDR 400 RAM. I am planning to rebuild my system using the old HDD and CPU temporarily and then eventually upgrade my CPU to an Athlon XP3200+ and then get a new SATA HDD of 80GB with Windows XP Home.

Will I be able to do this as I do not have the original ME OS Disk?
I hope I've given enough information, as I said I'm new to this.

You have to do a format when you switch out major components like a motherboard. There's no option to this.

If you don't have an ME OS Disk to install the OS on then no you can't just pop in the new motherboard with the old HD and expect it to work.

Also I don't think your 750MHz duron will work with that motherboard. Here is their CPU compatibility sheet for the NF7-S2 series which your board is apart of. Yours is -S2G because of the gigabit lan.

http://www2.abit.com.tw/test_report/NF7-S2_Series/index.php

look at that it says:

Spitfire Duron
900GHz
64KB 1.63V

and that's the lowest they support. The 750MHz you see on there is not a duron chip and is of a different core that's why a chip of the same speed is supported but your duron is not.

I believe a program like CPU-Z will be able to tell you exactly what kind of CPU you have meaning the core name of it.

Google up that name 'CPU-Z' and you'll find multiple places to download it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom