AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum NF4
Galaxy 6600gt 128MB GDDR3
Kingmax PC3700 (2x 512)
WD Caviar 160GB SATA
Thermaltake Purepower Butterfly 480W
Antec 1080 AMG case
Pioneer 108

anything you would change. My budget is aroud £850.
Also is there any tips you could give me on my fist time build. I know how to, and have read a couple of guides, but appreciate anything yuo can tell me.

Damn that looks like what is going to be one mother of a sweet system. Where did you find the 3500 90nm and the NForce4 MSI? Do you plan on waiting to build this? Just one thing, with a high end system like that, it is just begging to be complimented with a faster video card like a 6800 GT / Ultra or an X800 PE

3500 90nm and the NForce4 MSI

www.overclock.co.uk
not in stock right now, but i'm willing to wait

it is just begging to be complimented with a faster video card like a 6800 GT / Ultra or an X800 PE

i would if i could afford it, but no such luck. the 6600gt should last out quite a while though (i'm used to using lower graphics settings on games). when it finally becomes tired and old, i'll have enough for whatever the high end card is at the time.

Are you going to get an AGP version or a PCI-e version of the 6600 GT?

If you are, then you should know that they compete with 9800 and high series FX cards.

Are you going to get an AGP version or a PCI-e version of the 6600 GT?

i'm getting the PCI-E version. i've seen a few benchmarks of it and it does very well against the 9800 and similar cards.

I would get a diffrent motherboard. Either
Abit AV8-3rd Eye Via K8T800 Pro
Asus A8V Deluxe VIA Socket 939 ATX
Those are the best socket 939 boards.

The abit 3rd eye will be a little hard to find. Thats the motherbaord i have along with a Athlon 3500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom