First OC Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit! Just as I speak that it's stable....it finished up the 256k then started on the 224k and it got an error on test 3 after 2 hours and 44 mins of running prime95 and still using the computer for various things. Would you say that the computer is still basically stable? I've raised the Vcore up quite a bit as it is but it seems like prime95 goes further everytime I do. It's already at 1.75 Vcore and some other posts I've seen with these chip people have reached 2.2 with 1.5 Vcore still, but they didn't necessarily say it was prime95 stable. I'm thinking it's probably the valueRAM holding it up a little because I'm not going to raise my Vcore anymore, but I think it's pretty stable because my CPU will never take a pounding like what prime95 gives it. Plus it hasn't had time to burn it AT ALL, just got the chip running yesterday and started OC'ing too and I've read a lot of reports of temps going down and people being able to lower the Vcore as the chip gets burned in a little. I think I may up the Multi to 12 and see if I can hit 2.4 with the current Vcore and see how long prime95 runs in that....or I may wait a week and just let it sit at 2.3 for the time being to burn in a little more.

Yeah, considering it went from 1.8 to 2.3 right away with no reboots, instability or anything of that nature. So like I said I think I'll just give it a little burn in time ;)

yea you should be fine.. ya know when i had my 2500 oc to 2.4, it would run p95 for like 30 minutes and get errors, for over a month until i just didn't care anymore.. i would leave my computer on for weeks at a time, gaming all the time, everything, and never crashed or had problems or anything.. seems like it's doing better though, which is great!

As for the ram.. I think i've heard about people lowering their cas and raising the fsb.. So i'll probably give that a shot tonight.. or maybe tomorrow, i hate having to keep reseting the bios, it's annoying. But i'm gonna put my cas to 2.5 and see about getting my chip to 2.4 or something with a 436 (i think) fsb

Whew, yeah if anything I might try for 12x200 for 2.4GHz but I don't really want to push my FSB past 200 because I don't care to overclock my RAM at this point :) I do have copper heatsinks on the 512mb stick I have. And damn man, my chip is at 20C Idle right now lol nice and cool at night, but during the day it's usually up at 32C and was hitting 38C full load on prime95. I'm gonna see if doom3 runs a smidge better now that I got my RAM performing at PC3200 speeds and at a 1:1 ratio at that!

BTW: Can anyone explain to me why there's an option for 4:4, 5:5, and 6:6 in my bios for CPU:DRAM ratio? Isn't that all basically 1:1? Obviously it's not otherwise they wouldn't have it, but I would still like to know. Come on ag3 lay some knowledge on me

EDIT: Man I'm loving this chip and board. I'm sitting still at 1.75 Vcore but now I've got 12.5x200 for 2.5GHz , this thing is running like a champ, runnin prime95 as we speak to see if it gets any immediate errors like before, none yet :D and 34C seems to be my full load temp. Hope it stays in the 30's tomorrow during the day though :p

damn, I need to work on ocing my system better lol.. anyways those timings are the same, it just depends on what ratio you want to use ie: 3/3 3/4 3/5 4/4 4/5 5/5 5/6

etc..

damn i need to start OCing cos atm its gonna cost me around $250 Aus to get my system to a nice tempriture to do that. Lol saving funds I have 0 case fans right now (I dont like this case and could not be botherd modding it). buying an Antec Lanboy soon. Today it was 36dC, 97dF (room temp) and my computer was running at 57dC 135dF I gotaa kinda worried and Got a Portable house fan and took the Side of the case off and now i have the large fan blowing directly on my CPU.

lol that's funny..

nubius.. just to let you know.. i had to put my cas to 2.5 and i was then able to get my fsb to 218x11, also was able to do 12x200 but all together i had to run my vcore at 1.775 which was too high for 100mhz so i put it back to 209x11 = 2.3

but you should try raising your cas, you'll probably be able to pull a better fsb =/ if you want to get into that of course

Demalii, at the moment, especially since I have value ram, I don't care to push past 200FSB specifically because I don't want to try and overclock my RAM although I'm pretty sure I could get away with it. But I'm feeling pretty good getting it from stock 1.8 to 2.5GHz with no problems :D Just played doom3 for over an hour last night no probs, no lagging, no instability nothin. I was coming from a 2400+ XP so that only had 266FSB (PC2100) so I'm just happy I can actually run my PC3200 at PC3200 speeds. Don't get me wrong though, I will definitely have to see what the limits of this chip are, especially since I'm still in the 30's Celcius.

....took the Side of the case off and now i have the large fan blowing directly on my CPU.

lol I've done that a hundred times myself man. I just got a cheap generic case, had a clear window which I really don't care if it has it or not, but these days most cases do. It had only the side exhaust and that's it, so I added the other 8 fans lol

I swear I'll get those pictures up! :p

nubius how you get a 2400 up that high i got the 2800 and i cant get passed 2200ghz plus for some reason if i change my multiplyer to 11.5 it just wont boot up could you check my npz settings and tell me what im doin wrong pls

www.nfr.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom