first OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
its fine...2.73 ghz is good for me for now.. .ill push it a little more once i get better cooling.... i think she still has some room to go ;)

i found out the benchmark i was using measured memory and disk performance, and hardly tested the cpu. so i got PCMARK05 and compared various OC settings, and settled on the better performing setup: 250mhz HTT with 166mhz mem. divder. It puts the CPU at 2.73ghz and the memory at 196mhz.

i hunted down a recent BIOS update and updated it. it gave me multiplier control but my vcore is still limited to 1.55v, which is where it's at right now. I lowered the muli to 10x and put FSB at 270mhz, which put the RAM at 225mhz. It benched a little slower than my last configuration....which I thought was weird. So i put the multi back to 11x and I'm pushing the cpu to 255 which puts it at 2.8ghz (FX-57!!!) and the RAM at just above 200mhz. I had to raise the chipset voltage a little to 1.6v to boot into Windows for more than a few seconds. unfortunately, that put my HTT above 1000MHz...lowered it to 3x, but still unstable after an hour of Prime95.

since i can't raise the voltage any more, i think this is where i'm going to be stuck at. cuz its not reaching max temps at all when it becomes unstable at higher clocks and a 10x multi. Unless.....can lower temps help stabilize the CPU? oh well, i'm happy:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom