first OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
p0werslave said:
People choose to do what they want with their money, and if it's overclocking so shall it be. If you know what your doing, you can't hurt your components.

sry man but i have to disagree with the idea that if u know what ur doin u won;t break stuff. Even world renowned overclockers like Fugger break cpu's and vid cards in their attempts to get high speeds. and when overclocking things are more likerly to go wrong than if ur not. in my oppinion its worth the risk but there are risks and they can;t be denied

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
try another program to make sure that the thing is telling the truth. Everest Home Edition was the program I used to confirm the speed wasn't increasing.

Ryan

got it...awesome program by the way. it confirms memory bus at 230.03 mhz and a bandwidth of 7361 mb/s

cool well thanks everyone for your help and advice. i'm 100% stable right now at the settings in my sig (HTT/FSB @ 230MHz). I have the RAM @ 2.8v, timings 2.5-4-4-8, and the CPU at stock voltage. I guess the next step is to put a new hsf onto the CPU, run a memory divider, and start pushing the CPU further, because I've probably hit my RAM's limit....yes?

sry man but i have to disagree with the idea that if u know what ur doin u won;t break stuff. Even world renowned overclockers like Fugger break cpu's and vid cards in their attempts to get high speeds. and when overclocking things are more likerly to go wrong than if ur not. in my oppinion its worth the risk but there are risks and they can;t be denied
Fugger and people of that caliber are purposely giving CPUs and other components ****....pushing them to the absolute brink of failing and go through many testing......why? Cause they got money on it to spend and sponsors to send them products.

I wouldn't compare fugger and how they overclock and breaking things to average joe overclocker who doesn't have money to spend on a new system if something were to go wrong.

I won't say there isn't any risk, but if you follow simple common sense things like watching voltage, watching temps, testing testing and more testing, chances of frying something are pretty slim

agreed. These guys are trying to push this crap to the brink of any conceiveable point of no return. What they're really doing is making the stupid chip move as much information in a clock cycle as it ever will. They're not concerned with being safe. That's why they destroy processor periodically. Now I'm sitting at home with air cooling, and if I see a bad sign, AH! BACK OFF! Then I keep my processor and it'll be mildly overclocked so I didn't have to pay an extra 100 bucks for the next step up. That's what most of us here are doing.

Ryan

molsen said:
11 is stock

11 x 200mhz = 2200mhz = stock 3700+
Oh, must be a 939 thing. My 754 is a 3700 and has a 12x multiplier, I just wasn't sure if you lowered the multiplier and upped the HTT or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom