finally, my rig with a warg'load of pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The green tubing is down to the substance running through it,
lol, well I know that, I'm just saying, my friend who's got two cases in which not only does he like the water green, but also lights and on one of them green paint, and then the dude who just got water cooling his is the same, the liquid looks exactly like yours, that 'slime' green color....I originally tried red liquid, which I'm sure a couple people remember, but yeah red is hard, so I gave up on that...got tired of 'pink' water lol.

That 3dmark score was with that 460/1260 overclock. That test was run with stock CPU, but that shouldn't make a difference since 3dmark is primarily gpu stressful, correct?
yeah with 3dmark05 CPU shouldn't be effecting it for sheeite, I'll send you a PM in a few with some info though

I guess people like the uniformity by using the same color for everything. In my opinion, some contrast looks good if done properly. All one color gets boring very quickly. That's why I threw in some of the uv blue cathodes at the top, just to add a bit of contrast and to somewhat "sectionize" the case.

Like said before, I think a blue tint to the tubing would be kick ass since it would contrast the green wheel and match the uv blues on the other side of the case. I'd like to go with some blue uv dye, but I'm just a bit lazy to order such a small item and paying shipping on it. I don't think there are any stores around me selling uv dye.

I considered wrapping the tubing with uv tape. At least then I could remove it if it ever gets overly ridiculous. But after thinking about it, seems a bit crummy and crude.

Of course contrast could look good if done properly, but only IF done properly. When I light up all the cathodes (green, red, and uv blue), it looks like a christmas tree! But yeah...insane.

To venture off the subject of lights, how about organization? Honestly, I think my case is a gigantic mess. I found it so hard to hide the wires with the powersupply so far from the motherboard. I was actually able to hide a crapload of wires behind the motherboard tray, but even then, still not enough. I'd open the side panel and picture it, but I may not be able to get the panel back on. It was a big squeeze. Your thoughts on organization?

Looks great man!

As far as the 3dmark, check the driver version. Nubius and I were both in the 5700 range and then both broke 6000 with the 78.01 driver. No way that was from the extra few clocks, I think that driver makes a pretty big difference.

That test was taken with the 71.89 drivers I believe. I haven't tried them with the 77.72. I'm currently on the 78.01 drivers, but they still seem to have some issues. I'll give it a go anyway.

Back to the rig, when I was removing the fan off of the GPU, the guys at eVGA were genius enough to glue the fan wire onto the card as shown below. I just cut it and wrapped it with electric tape. Hopefully this won't give me problems in the future.

image.php

Back to the rig, when I was removing the fan off of the GPU, the guys at eVGA were genius enough to glue the fan wire onto the card as shown below. I just cut it and wrapped it with electric tape. Hopefully this won't give me problems in the future.
Yeah I noticed that on mine too, they didn't do it with the AGP version but they did on the PCI-E....bastards...but yeah I just ripped it off lol...so the fan still has it's wire and connector I just ripped it from the glued spot :D

as far as organization, well the pictures don't really show the wires that much, but hell mine looks like crap even when I try so I guess I don't notice other peoples much unless it's ridiculously clean then I think "damn....wish mine was that good"

Crap that is a lot of pictures...but that shiz looks decent enough, I never even bothered with any dye with my coolant since I could see some problems with doing so in the future

For wire management I'm doing ok, I have a modular PSU from OCZ and despite what BS people tell you about "ooo modular sucks" mine has worked well and multimeter will tell me the same thing...plus I can save room by removing wires I don't need plus they are already sleeved...the thing that really kills my wire management is the rheobus

As far as the 3dmark, check the driver version. Nubius and I were both in the 5700 range and then both broke 6000 with the 78.01 driver. No way that was from the extra few clocks, I think that driver makes a pretty big difference.
Does the driver really make an impact on anything besides 3dmark scores? I have a similar overclock on my 6800GT and scored about the same as you before the 78.01 driver revision...Nubius was telling me he broke 6K too although he has more on the core/memory and I dunno what drivers he was using...buttt if the new drivers affect in game performance I might make the update

Plus then my 3dmark score will be higher than all yours :p

I'm using 78.01 drivers....your 3dmark05 won't necessarily be higher than ours, 3dmark03, MAYBE, but if I get a much higher OC on my card than you, THEN YOU WILL BOW TO ME AS MY OVERCLOCKING KOHAI!!

Does the driver really make an impact on anything besides 3dmark scores? I have a similar overclock on my 6800GT and scored about the same as you before the 78.01 driver revision...Nubius was telling me he broke 6K too although he has more on the core/memory and I dunno what drivers he was using...buttt if the new drivers affect in game performance I might make the update
TBH, I can't tell any difference from in-game performance, but I haven't noticed any problems either. I just usually always update to the most up-to-date unless there is a problem.

Here are my scores before and after. Slightly difference clocks, but to me not enough to make up for the difference in the score:

433/1130 - 3.73Ghz - 71.84 = 5752

433/1170 - 3.80Ghz - 78.01 = 6005

To me those change of clocks do not gain you 250 points, I think a lot of it has to be the driver...

Ehh, it'd be close, we all have about the same GPU overclock and the CPU speed will make a bit of a difference

Central brain identifying says I have a 4100+...whats your week18 got on that...NOTHING BAKA :D:p

CBID says I got 3956+ it'd be like 4001+ if I had it running at 2.55GHz which I believe is right about the highest I can go and keeping it stable, so you aint got (much) NOTHING on me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom