Finally got some where in overclocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok the past month I really got into overclocking my ram, cpu, and gpu. Heres where I am at now:

Video card- I am currently using a EVGA 7900 GS with a vf-900 and a some as5 thermal compound. I managed to pull off the 1.55v volt mod for the gpu and 2.24v for the memory. From 550/1380 I hit 700/1700. Gained 1k more in 3dmark05 which I could care less but get like 10 extra fps in higer resolutions that I am starting to use so overall, its cool. Oh and I have thermaltake copper ramsinks.

Ram- Well since I am using 4x 512mb ram sticks, and they are generic (2x dual-sided kingston at 3-3-3-8 timings ddr400, 1x one-sided gskill 3-4-4-8 ddr400, 1x one-sided kingston 3-3-3-8 ddr400). I currently have the ram at 3-5-4-9 at a fsb of 217. I only did this because the memory wouldnt even stay stable at a fsb of 208 (timings were 3-4-4-8). Right now priming, so far so good. Will tighten timings when I find the max oc for my cpu.

Cpu- Currently using a amd 4000+ skt939. I am trying to get to this thing to fx-55/57 specs which wouldnt be so hard if it wasnt for this crappy psu and motherboard (I could get around most of my ram issues with a decent motherboard that has a ram divider and then I could use some decent timings with a marginal oc). Right now at 2604mhz, its been stable for a half an hour, which obviously is too early to say if its stable and what not.

I will be getting a a Hiper 580w Psu off of newegg along with a DFI Ultra-D. I might also get a dual core opteron for $155 considering the x2 3800 for skt 939 is never in stock now (same thing with the 7900 gto, that ****ed me off).

*Chants* "Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron!" (Etc etc etc ad infinitum)

Edit: Sorry, that wasn't very helpful was it?

lol. theyre not in stock cause of the price drops, which i will be utilizing around january(getting my new pc...adds along to b0dge: "Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron!!!!! YAY!!!!!"
tho i just may be going the C2D route if i got the dough, otherwise, Opteron or an mid-high range athlon.(like 3500-4200)

Well it turns out for some reason my ram speed on the video card of 1700 isnt stable past like 55 degrees celcius. The ram voltage may not still be at 2.24v because I accidently brushed up against the reisistor putting new as5 on. Maybe I can play around with the vram timings? Idk, somebody will figure something out though.

Pepsiboy700 said:
It does, you want me to get an opteron and I probably will!

Oh, OK, cool. You really should consider one, they're the best thing since sliced bread!

"Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron......"

b0dge said:
Oh, OK, cool. You really should consider one, they're the best thing since sliced bread!

"Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron, Opteron......"

lol its pretty true. If I ran AMD I'd hex off everything but the Opteron line and maybe semprons and turons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom