finally got some plexiglass(or accrilic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok....now i know some about painting....thats y a bike i painted was so messed up...i guess i could do that, but i need about 100bux for paint and whatnot, but, i need 250-300 for the internals. i got -6bux now(im broke!!! YAY...not :)) i need to wait till mid febuary till i have enough money to buy parts, live with the crappy paint job thats stock, then move those parts to a different case, and begin my work. i think it'd look best if i were to paint the back, but o well, too much work, because of those fine corners...

bmxfreakrider said:
that looks pretty ****in sick...i am gonna definetly paint my case, after i fix my sandblaster(that **** is off da hook! ittl make nething good for painting) all it needs is the gloves and a new window protector, or the glass will get scratehed. its pretty big, if i wanted to i could sandblast a 17in monitor with room to spare for a few other things, but if i cant get the gloves,(i havent realy done any serious painting) do i have to sand it r nething? r do i just start painting? i guess i would need about 3 cans of primer, and 2 cans of blue, and a can of gloss black, a little can of white, and a little model-paint thingey of metalic grey.(that and a pinstripe brush, got everything else, but my dad forgot to clean the brush and the paint is all dried out) i was planning on painting the frame, but then again...iono, i'd just paint it straight black, cause the back, or i might pinstripe it like the rest of the case(that be a lot of work) but look good as ****. but it be hard to paint the drive bays(im gonna try to stick to the color scheme of the drawind, as that looks pretty good)

bmx u cant paint ur case after ur sand blast it. i spent 4 yrs in metalworks. and im pretty sure u cant sand blast than spray paint it.

UMM, why you sand blasting anything did i miss something?
are you frosting the plexi or something?
just sand the **** out of rigid plastic,
50 grit then 220,
primer,
then fine or just lightly use 220,
first coat,
then before clear use 400 wet sand and in between each clearcoat

or dont sand at all between coatsjust wait till the paint has settled but not dried,
if you do this clearcoat takes MUCH longer to dry, the coats under it have trouble breathing to dry, ive never noticed a different in the two processes, but its more hassle free to sand, you never know when too much is too much, if you do paint extremely heavy the coats will merge and crake and peel right away

you gotta clean it like **** if you sand blast, but i guess each person has thier best process

rustoleum mettalic, silver high gloss, with black flat primer undercoat:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/vipercrazy/Picture002.jpg
clearcoat: (for the people that dont know, thats what the shell of a 360 looks like when its apart)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/vipercrazy/Picture0202.jpg

i didnt know that you could put the car neon lights into your pc. well since theyre 12v so u just cut the cigarette lighter head and connect it to 12v on ur psu? if so i'm gonna do that. although i already have 4 cc lights so i might wait. i wish i didnt have to go to school. school takes wayyy to much time although it is fun to hang out with friends. and extra curricular activities also take time. i have robotics after school form 3:30-5:00 on wednesday and fridays.

y would i go waste money for a cig lighter? i just use a molex y adapter and choped the end from the neon, and spliced into the y adapter. its all setup, i just need a mobo, proc, psu, and ram. got a dvd burner, and i got some hdd's, so im just waiting till xmas when i get some money for parts, then feb 1, when i get more money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom