slvrstang

Daemon Poster
AMD 64 3200+

ASUS K8V delux

Corsair 3200 2-3-2-6 twin 512's=1GB

ATI 9800xt

X-Dreamer II w/ window (black)

120Gig Western Digital HD

XP pro :( (can i use a copy of pro i already have on 2 computers?)

Lite-on CD RW

Sony Diskette drive

1500$ through newegg (video card rapes at 450$):mad:

well... me and my friend are using the same xp pro cd keys. I reformatted not too long ago while he had it and it worked fine. If you already have the key on 2 pc's.... i dunno try and find a 9800xt somewhere else for cheaper. You should find it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-436&depa=0
if this is the memory you are getting, and you are not overclocking you should seriously consider dropping to 2.5 cas memory as it will save you about 100 dollars. The difference between 2 and 2.5 to a novice computer user is negligible at best IMO. However, it's still a good decesion to buy in pairs as your mobo is dual channel (I think) :)

[EDIT]
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-144-609&depa=0
this would make a good pair of beginner overclocker memory :), heck, even I would purchase this and overclock with it. How many manufacturers print voltage levels on the outside of the box? :p

well it's ordered now...

but i like the corsair

now all i gotta do is put it together:amazed:

first time build, hopefully i don't break anything

as long as you are careful you shouldn't ... The only thing I was ever worried about on my first build was the processor and the heatsink, that little pushing down on the lever thing scared me. After discussing it with a physics professor/friend. He explained that despite how hard you are pushing to get it to clip to the notches there is minimal force on the processor :). So as a reminder, push just enough to get the clip attached :)
The rest is a cakewalk, hard drives, cd drives, power, pci cards ... you can probably do it half asleep

dude, if your planning on getting the 3200+, just get the 3000. Its around $100 cheaper....and its basically the same thing. You just get like 512kb of more Cache. Something you definetly wont notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom