Final OC Results on my P4 D 830

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungleland

Baseband Member
Ok,

Got the Pentium D up to 3.8ghz from 3 ghz, a pretty nice over clock I think, no heat or stability issues what so ever. Brought the Memory up to about 890mhz from 800..... I can't go over 1020fsb as I have the system starts going bzerk. I tried to raise the Vcore, but that would not solve the problem.
any advice there would be great.

I also raised the Factory Overclock on the BFG 8600gts from stock 702mhz, up to 729mhz, and the memory too...I did all of that using rivatuner

My final 3d mark score was 5426 with all of that, seems quite low to me, not sure why...

l-256122282.jpg

I don't think the vista test thing actually measures your cpu. It just checks what model it is and gives it an estimated rating. I have overclocked on vista and it doesn't effect my score at all. what say you?

i think something must be wrong with your setup? Or possibly it's your CPU as the Pentium architecture isn't that great...

Because I get almost 6500 in 3dmark06 with my 7900GT rig at only 2.8ghz and memory at 800mhz.

i think something must be wrong with your setup? Or possibly it's your CPU as the Pentium architecture isn't that great...

Because I get almost 6500 in 3dmark06 with my 7900GT rig at only 2.8ghz and memory at 800mhz.

you also have a core 2 duo, which makes a pretty big difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom