A few VGA cooler questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I have 20$. I can either get the Zalman Vf700 now, or wait until I get another 20$ or so and get the Vf900. What should I get?

I have an ATi X800GTO with the 4 pipelines unlocked, and I'd like to OC it a bit. The hottest it's ever gotten is 89*C during full load, and it's usually in the mid 80's at full load. It idles at about 50*C. So, I need to cool this baby down a bit.

Would it be better to wait for the Vf900?

Also, the Vf900 comes with some thermal.."goo". Is this stuff for placing the HSF, or for mounting the RAM sinks? If it's for the HSF, how do the RAM sinks mount? I plan to use AS5 for the HSF, but I'm wondering if I need to buy anything to mount those RAM sinks.

Thanks.

I always hear about the 900, not so much the 700. Yea the thermal "goo" is for the HSF, and the RAM sinks I think have an adhesive to stick to the memory.

b1gapl said:
I always hear about the 900, not so much the 700. Yea the thermal "goo" is for the HSF, and the RAM sinks I think have an adhesive to stick to the memory.

Hmm, so they have like an adhesive pad on them?

I think I might go with a VF700...just because I'm impatient.

Does anyone here have a X800 with a VF700? Or any card close to a X800 witha VF700? How does it cool?

EDIT: Will this fit an X800? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118124

It doesn't say, so..

I have an X850 XL, and I use an Artic Cooler. Have you looked at those for cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom