few questions about lapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of high quality water blocks already have a flat base, so it's not necessary.

ok cool. I cant wait until I have researched enough to finally start modding my 900, and redo wire management, and then order some w/c!

do most of the TRUE's need lapping? I plan on getting one soon, should I order a lap kit as well?

Yes. The TRUE manufacturing process have left most of the bases concave or not even. Although it's not completely necessary, as the TRUE still does good without lapping...lapping it truly brings out it's potential.

A lap kit is recommended because they come with a good range of grits, that you sometimes can't find in hardware and automotive stores.

Yes. The TRUE manufacturing process have left most of the bases concave or not even. Although it's not completely necessary, as the TRUE still does good without lapping...lapping it truly brings out it's potential.

A lap kit is recommended because they come with a good range of grits, that you sometimes can't find in hardware and automotive stores.

and they are not much money.

Deff get a lapping kit for the TRUE, should reallyhelp your temps

I got 2000 grit at my local Kragen, suffice to say it feels like crushed velvet.

And yes Home Depot only stocks up to 600 Grit.

Make sure you wet sand with using ultra fine grits otherwise the particles clog the paper and give you scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom