Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
Okay. I'm almost done building my pc. I just have to wait for the video card which should arrive either later today, or monday.

For my questions.
1. I have my opticals in, and on the back there is an Analog Audio jack where i put in a wire. I dont see where the other end goes on the motherbaord. I've been thinking, and im pretty sure that I have to have a pci audio card for that.

2. I put in my IDE cables into the opticals and hdd. On the motherboard there is IDE1 and IDE2 ports. Should I have the Master Optical and Hdd in the IDE1 port and the Slave Optical connected to the IDE2 port? Does it even matter?

3. I've not read hardly anything about putting power into the hdd, fans, and opticals. Umm... I have the Peripheral power connector free.... and the regular hdd optical power connectors(12v/com/com/5v). So... how exactly does this work; what do I do? I still need to plug in the hdd, fans and opticals, and video card. I know how to plug in the video card though.

4. How do I remove my cpu heatsink? It's snapped in and I feel like I'm going to snap something if I try and get it off. Any tips?

I think thats about all for now. I'm sure I'll have more questions though.

I have no Idea what you just said. What are the opticals? I'm confused :( :( :(.

I can answer question number 2 though. It doesnt matter. You just go into bios and set boot to CD first. For the Hard drives you plug the moltex connectors on them. Same thing for the CD drives. And for fans, the dfi boars has places where you can put the fans, OR you can use the moltex connectors if your fan has an adaptor.

Finally, you should follow instructions on the little DFI thingy that comes with your board. As for the HS/Fan, just unclip the little clippy things, and it should come right off.

UPDATE: I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT WHEN I"M TALKING ABOUT THE HS/FAN. I HAVE ONLY INSTALLED P4/p3 FANS BEFORE. MONARCH INSTALLED MY FAN FOR ME WITH MY CPU, SO I HAVE NEVER PLACED A HEATSINK/FAN ON AN AMD 64 SYSTEM BEFORE. I COULD BE TOTALLY OFF. USE MY INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Opticals = cd-rom, dvd-rom, combo's, etc.. thats what I've heard many people call them, heh.

Okay. I got the heatsink thing fixed a while back, just didnt edit my post.
Thanks for the answer to #2. Only one more question.

1. I have my opticals(Dvd-Rom and a Combo(Dvd-rom, cd-rw)) in, and on the back there is an Analog Audio jack where I put in a wire. If I put the wire in, I dont see where the other end goes on the motherbaord. I've been thinking, and im pretty sure that I have to have a pci audio card for tha

You put the other end on the Kajin Audio thingy I think. Not too sure though.

I must clarify question two. Each IDE channel can only have one master, you can't have your master drive and optical drive on the same channel as one of them would have to be slave. As a general rule you generally keep your hard drives on one channel and your optical drive on the other. Hard drives are always IDE1

Really? I just put them in whatever way I feel like it, and it always works. Must be really lucky ALOT of times then.

Hapc: On where? The cable that goes from the cd drive has a 4 pin connector. But I don't see a little 4 pin connector on the mobo for it..
I really wish I had a digital camera, this would be alot easier. I did install the Kajin audio, and there were 4 pins under that, but it connected to the Kajin thing... Atleast I think there were 4 pins.

Gaara: Thanks. Just making sure I had it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom