a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phake

Baseband Member
what i have : msi k7266 pro2 msi main board | 1800+athlon xp | ddr 256 ram | geforce2mx100/200

i want at least a 3000+xp cpu, 1024 ram, and a high end ati video card.

i basically need to know what motherboard specs i need to look at so a processor (an amd athlon xp+) and that amount of ram and an ati video card will work with it.

im so new to this, but if you could just tell me what i need to make sure the mainboard is for the parts to work.

usually if you go to any website selling motherboards they will have a list of the board specs that will show you what the board can handle (i.e.proccessor type, ram) Im a newb so this could be wrong (if it correct me) but I think that as long as the video card can fit into your pci slot then it will work with the motherboard.

I remember i was doing a lot of snoopin' around before i picked my board .. I think that's a good board u got there .. (also i'm a bit partial towards MSI ;))

Also i remember there was a comparison on THG

get what i used to have... a 2500+ (push the fsb to 200) with an a7n8x -x, and a ati 9800xt... but i went ahead and bought a 3200+ chip anyways just for the hell of it... but you can spend like 85 bucks for a chip you can push to a 3200+ without hurting the chip... for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom