Few more parts to pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceshooter16

Baseband Member
Hey, i'm building a gaming pc but need some help deciding exactly what components to pick. I have the majority of them narrowed down to one or two products so I need your help finishing it up.

Motherboard
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4-D
DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR
(Whats the difference between these 2?)

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
AMD Athlon 64 4000+

Memory
(I'm not sure if I want to overclock or not. I defiently want to overclock the processor but not sure about the memory yet)
*CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 550 (PC 4400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory (overkill???)
*(I've seen that OCZ and G Skill LA's are good memory but dont know exactly what memory from them is good.)

Video Card
Nvidia 6800 GT or Ultra eVGA PCIE
Or maybe wait till 7800 series. Any release date yet?

Case
Aspire X-Navigator Aluminum Case-Black/Black

Monitor
*ViewSonic VX924 Black/Silver 19" 4ms (gray-to-gray); 5ms (typ) LCD Monitor
*HYUNDAI L90D+ Silver 19" 8ms LCD Monitor
(Really want an LCD so I'm willing to spend a decent amount more

Power Supply
OCZ ModStream OCZ45012U 450W
(any other good ones?)

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm also going to be getting a DVD+- RW DL burner and a dvd-rom drive so any suggestions on those? I want to spend at max $2000. Thanks

Do you really want a LCD??? Just think that you are going to spend more to sacrifice quality, the only thing your going to get out of a LCD is more free space on your desk. Flat CRT's have 2x better picture quality at a fraction of the cost.

Also I do not think that I would get a high end video just yet. Just get something to pass the time by until the next generation cards come out.

yeah i want an LCD cuz i dont have room for a crt in my college dorm room. I have the money for a really good LCD so I want to try and stick with that.

I wouldn't get that RAM, as you said you are overclocking the CPU, so when you raise the system bus, you increase the speed of the ram. I would recomend the OCZ rev. 2.

I would also wait a bit until the new GPU's come out, then buy one of them. They are being released at the end of June, so about mid July time, they would be on sale in shops.

The difference between the boardes are, one is SLI and the other one isn't, the NF4-D has 2 PCI slots, but does not support SLI (can be modded into one though.

HDD? DVD burner?

Also, is that PSU a 24pin one, without the requirement of a adapter?

For the CPU, I would get the 3700 san diego.

I think he meant that he wanted to use a ram divider instead of synchroniously raising the fsb with thet htt.

Thanks for the replies so far. As for the memory: do you have a link for the OCZ rev 2's? I was looking for them earlier but couldn't find the rev 2's. For the hdd, I dont wanna spend an extra 100$ for the 10k raptor or anything like that so im not sure what else to get. For the dvd burner and dvdrom I'll probably either get a samsung, sony, or nec. Not sure exactly what models to get but i think that is minor compared to everythign else. I'm going to be buying all of these parts through my one friend who owns a big reseller company. The way they work is they buy the products directly from the distributors or companies like DFI or Abit. They buy the products in bulk so they get them for very cheap, then the resell them for a slightly higher amount so that they make a profit and the consumer is still saving money. So hopefully i'll be able to save a couple hundred dollars with all of this. Thats why i'm leaning towards higherend products like a amd athlon 64 4000+ and a lcd monitor. Also, since they have been dealing with companies like nvidia and intel for so long they do get products weeks if not months earlier than normal stores so there is a chance i could get a newer gpu or cpu before it even comes out, but that is a big mabye. As for the psu, I have no clue if it is 24 pin or not but i'm pretty sure it is because i saw it recommended on a different thread on these boards. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom