Favorite modding products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
Okay all you modders out there, these questions are for you. What are some of your favorite modding tools, materials, paints, lights, etc... anything that has to do with modding.

I know alot of people use a Dremel... what are some good tips to get for it and for what reasons?

I have never done any modding but now I have money and I really want to learn to be a good modder so I want to hear all of your thoughts and suggestions.

Dremels are a modders best friend, get sum cutoff disks for strait lines and sum grinding bits 2 smooth the edges and for sure get a flexible shaft attachment it makes it a lot more easy 2 handle.
Jigsaws are great 4 bigger jobs(windows etc.)
If you ever see old comps in the garbage don't be afraid 2 pick them up, they are like little grab bags 4 modders you can get fans-leds-heatsinks and whatever else you think you can use from them.
Remember you are only limited by your imagination:)

Yeah- I'm planning on modding my case before my next lan party soon too. Is there anything you can use in place of a Dremel?? And what if I mess up somewhere along the way?? Where can I buy modding kits if I'm too afraid to use my own supplys??

-Eric

Theres lot's of places on the web that sell window kits and pretty much anything you need, modding realy is not that hard.
Jigsaws are about the only things besides a dremel you will find for doing things like windows etc.
you can also buy hole saws that attach 2 drills 4 doing fan holes.
i get all my mod stuff from www.bigfootcomputers.com

Tools of a MODDER

Hello and welcome to our world... I have been modding for years now and I have to agree, a Dremel and Jigsaw are absolute. I like to work in Wood cases and Aluminium frames. I personally have a whole garage full of tools I use regularly.
I have used my Dremel for everything from cutting, to smoothing, to routing wood panels (Hellraiser MOD here in this Forum.

I also love to sleeve my PSU and make my own LED lights. As to paints, I like the DupliColor Paints

I personally do not have a single site I buy from, I like to find a lot of my items on eBay.

MOD Man 1

If I make a mod, can I just use any plastic I find? And what if one part is un-even? Is there way to fix that? I want to make it look as natural as I can.

-Eric

Eric5000 don't cheap out on us go and spend $10. get a piece of plexi or lexan,you can get them in different colors and it will look a lot better than sum cheap plastic you find.

You want it 2 look cool don't you?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom