Fatal1ty 8800 GTS Overclocked How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
How does that card reach such high overclocks? I get artifacts almost immediately (in ATITool Artifact Checker) on a 600 core, 2000 memory clock... the Fatal1ty card has a 650 core, 2000 memory AND a 1500 shader clock... how the ****? Don't they both utilize the same cooling and chipset?

My card reaches around 75 max, and its only around 60 when it starts artifacting...

i think they VoltMod it first... or they put a better cooler on it... or both..

well the cooler looks exactly the same except for the logo/drawing on the top...

so voltmod could be a possibility..,

Its most likely just a Volt Mod with better paste and or heatsink materials to keep it cool enough.

That is all the 8800 Ultra is...a volt modded GTX with a better cooler slapped on.

hmm... well volt modding doesn't seem like something I want to do...

do artifacts matter? 3dmark06 runs through fine and I get a great socre 9K+ with no visual artifacts or problems... is that fine?

vernong linked an 8800 gts guide

it definately voids your warranty and could kill your gpu 0_0 not for the faint of heart or those with a shallow wallet

you use a pencil to trace lines between various points on the PCB (back) to kind of short the various peices to create more voltage or w/e

vernong linked an 8800 gts guide

it definately voids your warranty and could kill your gpu 0_0 not for the faint of heart or those with a shallow wallet

you use a pencil to trace lines between various points on the PCB (back) to kind of short the various peices to create more voltage or w/e

lol.. kill your card... only if your clocking it too high.. as long as your cooling it okay you have no worries

i had a volt modded 7900gt that went to 750/1900 or something around that area.. lived just fine with a vf900 and ram heatsinks... still living in fact with a friend a mine.. been almost a year since then

eh, I would've tried it if I had an older card to practice on (I know its diff for each GPU) but I won't try it on my 8800, don't have the money to dish out being 14 and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom