Fastest PC for 800, Please help
I'm building my first PC and I have the following requirements for it:
1. I plan on burning a lot of DVD's, so I'll need a DVD burner and I a DVD/CDRW drive.
2. I watch movies on my comp, have a 21' monitor and I'd like a good video card for that.
3. I occasionally play games, HL2, Doom 3 etc but something like like a $500 XT is overkill for me. I've seen the games run on Radeon 9600 Pro's and thats good enough performance for me.
4. I want it to be fast with plenty of memory as I use quite a few business/science apps and I know I'll need a gig ram, I already use a gig on my laptop.
5. I have a firewire 160GB external HD and I'm wondering if firewire is going to be fast enough to run media files off and I can get away with a 80 or so gig internal HD.
I'm pretty new to all this so after some reading and such, this is the kind of config I have in mind:
1. Athlon 64 3000 for about 160.
2. Abit AV8 (939) for about 100
3. 1GB Corsair 3200 RAM for about 150
4. WD 120GB SATA for about 90
5. ATI Radeon 9600 Pro for about 100
6. 16x DVDRW for about 60
7. CDRW/DVD combo drive for about 40
8. CoolerMaster case, 400W PSU for 120
The system comes to about: 760.
How does it look? What changes would you recommend? What should I be aware of in terms of future upgradability?
thanks, and I'll appreciate detailed answers, everything will be very helpful.