Fans wont work, but I have MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
Ok I just bought my MOBO today and i wanna see how my fans and lights will look, I connected the power switch and all that, the LEDS lit up, but my power supply fan wont spin

and another question is I have a truewatt 430 and like it has tons of cables with those 4 pin connector things, can i connect those to fans

It came with 2 things that said fan only, so does that mean it can only support 2 fans, or can i use the other 4 pin connector things too

Or do I need a processor to see how my fans are gonna work?

any help?

thx

And if not what do i need to see them in action?

I all i have is PSU, the fans and the MOBO, thats it

you have to have the cpu in it in order for the mobo to boot up, but read the following post about how to look at the fans running without the mobo:
http://www.tech-heaven.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=29148

the 4 pin connectors are called molex and yes you can hook all the fans up to the molex connectors EXCEPT for the cpu fan.....errrr.....let me explain further, the mobo will shut down (it does on mine) if it doesn't detect something connected to the 3 pin cpu fan plug on the mobo.

so if I get the Processor It will do it, (i dont have any ram yet BTW)

You can boot without the hd, to test the fans and such. The molex that says 'fans only' means that you should not plug a drive into that, but you can use the other ones for fans, and is usualy recomended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom