fans set up right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
2 side fans blowing out... cpu fan i want blowing out.. and rear 60mm ( i know 60mm ) i want blowing in or out? thnx

First off does your psu have two fans? If you have this it will also work as an exaust fan for your pc.

As for your setup, you want your cpu fan to blow the air down to the heatsink and chip. This will cool better than sucking air off the heatsink.

If you had a fan on the top of your pc as a exaust I would suggest that both of your side fan as intake. However in your situation I would suggest that one of the side fan is for intake the other for exaust. Prefable the top one be exaust. You do need some intake fan to bring cool air in.

I hope this helps.

Exhaust on your side panel is probably the worse place to position it. Thats because its the best position for intake. Same with your cpu fan. If your cpu fan was to act as an exhaust, your system would be alot hotter. Air cooling differs then liquid cooler. Liquid cooling, you setup, and thats really it. But air cooling, acts different. If your fans arent arranged currectly, it simply wont make a differience, or the worse possible situation, it can result in a negitive affect.

I suggest having the dual side panel fans as intake. Then the rear fan as exhaust. You never want more intake, always slightly more exhaust. So in order to counter that, make sure your dual intakes have less CFM. While your exhaust is a high out-put fan. MODing exhaust on the top of your case would help alot. That enables you to put high out-put fans as intake also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom