Fans, Heatsinks, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm running pretty hot, I think!

According to the Motherboard Monitor, my case is at 98ºF and my CPU is at about 120ºF. That seems prety hot to me.

Do I qualify for needing more cooling?

Possibly better cooling would be a good idea, because that 120f means your at about 50C i think which is right on the edge of unsafeness i would try a differnt cooling system.

That really isnt too bad.... 30-50C is totally normal. You would see a temperature decrease with the Thermalright, but I doubt youd get much outta those others.

That's all I needed to know.

I think I'm going to shoot for two Vantec Tornados as two of my primary fans (added to the Antec), as well as one of the 92MM Tornados, sitting on top of the Thermalright SLK900A heat sink. That will all be backed by the Vantec Nexus fan controller.

Thanks for all your help, guys!

Any other good cooling ideas? Anything else to be added?

subdismal said:
That's all I needed to know.

I think I'm going to shoot for two Vantec Tornados as two of my primary fans (added to the Antec), as well as one of the 92MM Tornados, sitting on top of the Thermalright SLK900A heat sink. That will all be backed by the Vantec Nexus fan controller.

Thats basically my exact cooling setup. 3 80mm Tornados and a 92mm Tornado on a SLK-900 HS. My temp rarely peaks ove 40C, average is about 37C.

The only other cooling option Im considering is one of those hokey PCI slot coolers for right under my 9800Pro. I figure thats the only real "weak area" in my cooling layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom