Fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see your point! and a good one may I add, why not just turn the computer off lol? *just kidding*

charles_scott said:
Harper might sell you something lol
Not really. I find there is too many people flooding the market down here with fans.

Like I was talking with my boss about my PROJECT : Pzycho B!tch II. He was a little shocked when I told him that I was getting most of my fans on the street as appose to my wholesale channels.
So far, the only thing that I paid more via Street Price was my 120mm Cooler Master Fan. I paid about $28, when I could of picked that up for 1/2 the price via my suppliers. However i would then need to add another $10 in order to get the goods in.

Like I am going to X-Com Computer in TechnoCity just outside of China Town. They got an excellent range of Wank-Ware (I mean) Mods and Fans.
Syphanx said:
something about fan controllers...
If you have a fan controller installed... Why would you want to turn the power of your fans down? why not run them on max all the time?
Few reason......

Turning the fans down......
1. When I am trying to sleep while have the computer download some thing over night. Face it, Australia's Internet Speeds are teh sux compaired to the rest of the world. In my last house, my computers were in my bedroom.

2. Watching movies or playing games

Turning the fan up....
1. All day LAN party during summer time.

2. Over clocking. Expecially in summmer time.

3. When I am ripping or coverting DVDs.

There are 2 type of fan controllers. You have your manual ones where you need to rely on your computer's performance or common sence to one whether you want to have the fan RPM up or down.
Some thing like the Thermaltake X-Controller .
Some thing like this can do from $30 to $50.

And then you have your automatic ones where you place temperator sencors all over the PC. And your fans speed goes up or down depending on your CASE, CPU, GPU temp.
They are pretty cool in my opinion, however they are horribly over prices. You are doing well if you can find one under $100.
And example of one of these is a Thermaltake Hardcano 12

On the system I am modding together, I am using both a Thermaltake Hardcano 12 and Thermaltake X-Controller.
The Hardcano is going to look after my critical parts. Eg. CPU, GPU and General Case Temp.
The X-Controller is just going to be there to provide some extra air control for if and when I am needing it.

PZEROFGH said:
i should have went with the automatic one.
THey are good.
They are fun to set up.
But they are over priced for what they do.

However if you have a manual fan controller, you can purchase temperater guage for your CPU and CASE temps. They are roughly about AU$50. However would not be connecting my CPU fan to a manual control, and then leave the computer on for extended periods while you are doing some thing like DVD Ripping / Encoding or some thing else that really utilises your CPU to the max with out making the fans start spinning at full spead.

if you upgrade fans that push alot more air, you could notice a drop in your cpu temperatures and other parts, as the hot air won't stay in your case for as long, it will be pushed out with more force. You will notice the difference alot more in the summer when it gets really hot out, then you will appreciate that extra airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom