Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
OK my CPU runs at about 63 degrees C when under 100% load. It's a Pentium 4 Prescott so that's not surprising, and I know a guy who got his Northwood to 90 degrees so I'm not too worried. Anyway, my case has 2 fans in it, one at the side blowing in, and one at the top blowing out. There is a space at the back of the case where I could fit two more fans. Will it make a lot of difference to the CPU temperature if I put some here?

Yes, fans will help alot. You dont want heat to grow dense. Dont forget theirs alot to computer fans. First the size, then CFM, and noise. Before i go any futher, what size fans do you have, and what size fan slots are available?

Im guessing you have a 120mm fan above, and a 80mm fan in the side panel..?

If there are unused fan holes in your case, I would fill them up. the more air you get in and out of that case, can help alot in cooling !!!

The point is to create a good flow of air inside the case. You do this with intake and exhaust fans. Having good wire management also helps a considerable amount. If you are worried about your cpu temperature, then consider getting a cpu cooler. That would definitely help.

Both of the fans are 80 mm, and the power supply has 2 in it also. I am not too bothered about noise. The spaces at the back would probably take 80mm fans. I was thinking of putting two exhaust here, this would make 1 fan blowing in, and 3 out. Is there a better way?

that sounds good. if you cant cut any holes in the case, yeah. the best thing you could do is have the side panel fan be a 120mm and the rest of the fans be 80mm.

Any fans will help, but it more important to have have fans blowing hot air out then having half of your fans blowing air in, unless your house temp is 50 degrees, its not gonna help alot.

if there are more fans blowing in air, there would be a higher air pressure inside the case, and would make it like an over in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom