Fan/Temp probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatmangos91

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a core2duo e6300, which i have overclocked a bit. (i know very little about overclocking btw). I have changed the multiplier to 7, and upped the bus speed to 280, from 266

I just downloaded hmonitor to check my fans were ok, and it said that my cpu fan was not working (it is, i saw it going round). also, it said the temperature for the 2 cores was 57'c, and 60'c

seems quite high to me. i was just posting to make sure that
a) that is not too high, and what to do if it is, and
b) can anyone recommend something to see what my fan speeds are, as hmonitor dosnt seem to work, and speedfan tells me i have 1 fan going only, but at 675000 RPM!

my mb is a gigabyte GA-965P-Ds3

thanks for any help

57-60 is very hot when doing nothing. Did you build the system yourself? Maybe you didn't install the heatsink properly.

My core 0/1 temps are 35-40 idle, and 55-60 under heavy load. (to give you an idea).

Don't worry about the RPM. Sometimes they show wrong values. As long as the fan is spinning you are fine.

hi, thanks for that. i opened it up and took out the cpu fan/heatsink as i remember having probs installing it. now when i tried to push it bck in the plastic clips which go through the holes are bent, and it will not go back in. only solution i can think of is i will have to buy a new heatsink/fan. can anyone recommend a good one, but not too expensive?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom