Fan on side panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpedient

In Runtime
My pc case is a coolermaster centurion and I want to add a fan on the side panel.

This is the prospect fan...

Fan

Is there a step-by-step tutorial on how to custom add a fan, if there is, please reply so that I can learn on what you've learned thanks.

I don't know of any guides. But it is very easy. Just get a hole saw the proper size, tape the area and drill it. Then use a fan guard to mark the mounting holes and drill them. look for the rotation and flow direction arrow's and make it an intake fan, not an exhaust.

i would position the hole right above your 3d card. you might consider a blow hole as well... it really encourages optimum air flow to have an exaust on the top. not only does the heat from your psu and optical drives get evacuated imediately, but the heated air from your mobo ect is trying to rise anyway and it draws it in the direction it would like to go anyway. very effective!

that is one thing i wanna hear, on where will i put the fan... does the fan have the dust filter included or i will buy that separately?

errr... i just know what is on the link... it doesnt look like a filter is included.

what has worked great for me is to put your hd's infront of the front intake fan. it keeps them really cool. this means that you need cool air blowing in from your side panel as the intake air is going to be pre-heated by your hd's. have the fan in the back exaust and put a small fan (80mm or less) blowing out in the top blowhole. it looks like your case has room for it. trust me (im a mech/heat transfer engineer) your comp will be running nice and cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom