Fan Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
I have 3 extra fans: 1 80mm and 2 120mm and I want to put them to good use. My Pentium D is ideling at 47 and I want to bring that down a few celcius. I currently have 2 exhaust fans (PSU and fan) and one 120mm intake.

Heres what im working with:
http://www.mchopsky.com/fan setup.jpg

Any creative idea what to do with these fans?

Lastly, I was thinking of have a project of making a fan slot at the top of my case. Anyone know any good links or ideas for this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

looks to me youve got alot of wires blocking the airflow of that 120mm fan. I if were you i would look to put a hole in the side of the case right above your zalman cpu cooler and stick a 120mm fan on there to blow the air onto it. At the moment your 120mm fan at the front is doing very very little because the cool air its blowing is just going under your graphics card and that car is blocking it getting to your cpu.

The intake slot for my fan is set up for a 80mm so I think I'll drill a few holes to get some better airflow.

I used to have a 120mm fan laying at the bottom of my case which blew the intake air up to the Zalman, I think I'll put that one back.

I have some slots on the side of my case and I think Ill hook up an 80mm to one of those.

Would it be worth making an opening for a fan at the top of my case, to blow air down for the Zalman?

A blowhole is a very good idea, usually brings someone's case temps down a few degrees so cut a hole at the top and mount a fan there :)

Get some decent zip ties or something and hide those nasty cables

whew! Those wires are a mess! You need some management, and that alone might drop it a degree or two. Then you can do your blowhole idea. Also, put that 80mm one in the front slot so it helps the 120mm one right there. It'll help introduce fresh air. As of right now, that 120mm is almost purely recirculating old air.

Ryan

How do you guys feel of having this exhaust fan on the outside of the case? I stash a lot of my cables at the top of my case... no room.

I have a Zalman 9500 which has a sidways fan which blows air towards my rear exhaust. Right now I have a 120mm blowing right behind the Zalman if not a little bit on it. If I put in an exhaust fan above where the 120mm blows, wouldnt that ruin the whole point of the 120mm or the top exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom