Fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
okay I have 3 fans that were put into my case 2 blowing air out and one on the side of the plexi glass taking air in. My temperatures, according to AIDA32:

MOBO - 46
CPU - 51

After playing Far Cry, the temperatures rise somewhere near 56 or so for the cpu. I know that has to be bad. So in order to solve this problem I was thinking about putting some more 80mm fans. The problem is I don't think I have anywhere to put them or anymore wires or whatever coming from the psu. Do you all have any advice?

get a 5.25 inch bay fan or a card for one of the ports in the back of the computer if you don't have any room for regular fans. if you get either of those, set it to exhaust. try playing around with the fans you have now, switch the intake to exhaust, etc. you may need a better heatsink or heatsink fan. I would recommend the sp-94, but it's 50 bucks. you may also want to look into water cooling to cool the entire system (an external water cooler). or you can just do what i'm going to do, and get a gigantic desk fan, leave the case open, and have it blow in air constantly. hopefully this will be an inexpensive way to overclock the hell out of everything, i'm going to put small heatsinks on everything from my vid card to my ram.

after takjing a second look at your temps, your sensors are probably innaccurate, i have a crappy heatsink with thermal tape between it and the cpu for god's sake, and the temperature of the cpu is 41 when idle, the mobo is 25 max

those are pretty high...but not high enough to cause any damage

when the cpu hits 65 then you can start worrying about damage

mine are (overclocked to 2.2 from 2.0Ghz)

mobo-33 load 39

cpu - 36 load up to 52 in UT2004 with all settings on highest

at stock (2.0Ghz)

mobo -33 load 35

cpu - 35 load 42-45

i have 4 80mm fans(3 intake 1 exhaust), 1 120mm fan(exhaust), 1 pci slot fan(exhaust), 2 powersupply fans(1into the PS, and 1 out the back), my vid card fan, and the stock 3200+cpu fan. I have wires EVERYWHERE, so that really hurts airflow...i really need to organize that shiz.

in conclusion, ur temps are not too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom