Fan placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I know I don't post here a lot anymore, but I still enjoy my computer and I still browse here once in a while, so, here's a small and easy question that I just am not sure of:

I have a Raidmax Scorpio case that has 80mm fans. It came with two fans, one rear exhaust and one intake on the side on the clear panel. The side fan was ugly orange led fan, so I stuck it as an intake on the front of the case and kept the rear exhaust but I moved the rear up one space. Now I have an empty side fan hole, LOL.

I ordered a nice fan and I wondered how I should set it up, should I keep the front intake and rear exhaust and have the new side fan be an intake as well? This setup seems obvious to me, but I do recall past disscussions that were in depth on fan placement and wanted to make sure before I set it up (the fan comes today).

Thanks everyone,
Maggot/Ohgr

Leave your front as intake and back as exhaust.

For the side fan: If it is directly above the CPU, I would have it as an intake fan. This way, it will feed the CPU some cool outside air.

If it is below the vid card, then I would have it as an exhaust fan. This way it will draw the hot vid card air out of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom