Fan Mod Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
i want to change out the fan on my w/c cpu radiator (its really noisey and vibrates, i already put a rubber mat between the radiator and case and the fan and the raditor, but not much help :() but i like the vairable resistor that came with it that lets you adujust the speed...

can i cut the old fan off, cut the little white connector off another fan, and wire it up to the var. resistor?

white to white, black to black, insulate the 2 from each other blah blah, i know how to wire, i was just wondering if anyone done this before...

yeh, i dont want to blow 10 bucks on a new quite fan just to burn it out or something in a week

you can, just dont cut the wires from the new fan incase you have to send it back(use a pin, paperclip, staple...to take the pwr connector off of the cable, and just wrap the new/solder the new if u can get the solder off...and wrap with some type of tape, or do it with some silicone, shrinkwrap, hot glue...etc.

(i do my own case modding, and i be a rednek, so i gotta work with what i got casue im poor and cant afford anything ;))

good idea... unfortunately shipping is more expensive than a fan sooo... i dont think returning it would really be worth it! i'd have like $12-16 in shipping for a $3 fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom