Fan Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
I'm trying to make that fan mod that Shumway suggested, where you put the fan in the panel of a shoebox, then you stick it in the PCI slot. so far im good, but now i dunno how to stick the panel to that.......metal thing that screws on to the slots ( not PCI, the one on the side). im using the metal cover that came with the case, but idunno how to stick it on to the "PCI" fan, should i use glue?

wait Im so confused:confused:

Could you explain more, or do you have a diagram of some sort also what size is the fan?:)

I used super glue to stick the pci bracket to a case fan if thats what you mean. You have to leave it for about 2 hours tho. I didnt use a shoebox though so you might be on about sumthing completely different

its a regular fan, shumway posted on tis forum of it. i cant take a picture, because its not done yet, and its not standing

k i stopped, cause this is our only computer atm, and if i kill it, which i almost did, my moms gonna kill me. a piece of metal touched the inside of a pci slot, the comp shut down,and didnt work at all, just lights, then i preyed and preyed and preyed to allah and it worked. i aint touching this computer ever again.

john3 do you have any old pci card's laying around? Most pci bracket's are held to the card with screw's and that's all i used,I just took the bracket off an old ethernet card i didn't use any more ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom