Fan Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
I am building my first PC and could use some advice. I have the Asus p5ad2 deluxe p4 lga775 socket motherboard . I have the thermaltake dream tower case coming in as well. My motherboard have points for 4 fans (cpu fan, power fan, and 2 case fans). My case will come with the clear side and 3 case fans. I think I will not have a place to connect 1 fan to the motherboard, because 3 case fans, cpu fan and power fan = 5 fans. What product should I be looking for that will allow me to use all of my fans effectively? Just for info I will be running 2 Seagate sata hard drives, 3.4 pentium ee cpu, 2-4 gig of Kingston ram, sony dvd-rw, sony floppy 3.5 1.44. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

actually the case fans are the 4 pin molex connectors, meaning they will be using your psu connections instead of the mobo. There are converters to convert 4 pin molex connectors into the 3 pin (mobo) connector.

If by power fan you mean psu (power supply unit) fan, it runs from the box, not the mobo.

yea, so technically u could attach all three fans to the mobo which wouldnt be bad cuz if theyre on the mobo then u can monitor the speeds if there attached through molex then you dont have that luxery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom